Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change Windows Media Player

Hi frederf,
    Thanks much but at the moment it isn't working. I contacted Andrei via email and will wait for a response from him. I will also contact J. River to see if they have any input. I'll keep checking back here.

Mike

Hi Mike.. Can you post exactly what you put into the two fields for play and que?

Hi Fred,
    Just read your post and I'm off to work. Will post tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

"C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Media Center 18.exe" --one-instance "%1"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Media Center 18.exe"--one-instance --playlist-enqueue "%1"

Media Center opens but does not play track.

OK... first look and read here.. [URL]http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line[/URL] From what I read there your above example is not even close Try figuring it out... looks rather straight forward. Replace the mc16.exe with mc18.exe and where you see "C:\path\to\file.mp3" in the examples replace it with "%1" OCD will replace the %1 with the path and name of the song that you selected. So.. give it shot and let us know if you get it working.. or not fred

frederf is correct that you need to find out how to play Media Centre from the command line to use the custom playback. To save time (and more messages) here is what works for me:

MC18.exe /PLAY "%1"

Type this EXACTLY. Add nothing. Type this in the box under Custom playback.

For queing type exactly this in the box under Custom enqueue:

MC18.exe /APPEND "%1"

Then ask yourself why you aren't using Media Monkey, which does everything Media Centre does AND syncs iPhones, iPod touches AND has a version just for Android devices. (I have no connection to Media Monkey other than being a satisfied customer.)

Quote Originally Posted by frederf View Post
    OK... first look and read here.. [URL]http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line[/URL] From what I read there your above example is not even close Try figuring it out... looks rather straight forward. Replace the mc16.exe with mc18.exe and where you see "C:\path\to\file.mp3" in the examples replace it with "%1" OCD will replace the %1 with the path and name of the song that you selected. So.. give it shot and let us know if you get it working.. or not fred