Thread: Change Windows Media Player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Change Windows Media Player

I do not want to use Windows Media Player as the default when I click 'Play' from a track listing. How can I change the default media player to a program of my choice.

Happy New Year

Default Re: Change Windows Media Player

Quote Originally Posted by Psygotran
    I do not want to use Windows Media Player as the default when I click 'Play' from a track listing. How can I change the default media player to a program of my choice.
    OrangeCD uses system default player (default player is what pops up when you double-click media file in Windows.)

So if your player is correctly installed, it should work automatically. What player do you want to use?

Andrei

Question Media Player Question

Andrei, I have the same question. I recently added (for the first time) some mp3 files and they played fine from OCDC via Windows Media Player. That is not my player of choice, however. I use various players such as Winamp, VLC and Orange CD Player. When a friend shared some m4a files with me yesterday, WMP could not play them. I converted them to mp3 files and it still refused. It's frustrating!

Where is the option for me to designate another player for playing media files in OCDC?

Thanks.

Hi.. it's under View/Preferences then select the media tab
    Here you can configure an external player.. below is what mine looks like for foobar... (click image for larger view)
    ocd.JPG
    Last edited by frederf; 12-23-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Question Two Questions

Thanks, frederf!

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure of how to configure an external player, as you have done.

Do I simply take the address of a desired player such as:

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"

Then, add a forward slash and the word "/PLAY" on the top line, and "/ADD" on the bottom line, followed by "%1"?

Is that it?

Thanks very much for any additional instructions.
    Last edited by Ron_Thorne; 06-20-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Clarification

That's usually exactly it. You may find you do not need to add /PLAY; I don't need it with Media Monkey but adding it doesn't affect anything. I would note that when I used iTunes I could never get queuing to work; I assume not all players support on the fly playlists.

Just to be sure: /PLAY and /ADD are not in "", but "%1" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Thorne View Post
    Thanks, frederf!

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure of how to configure an external player, as you have done.

Do I simply take the address of a desired player such as:

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"

Then, add a forward slash and the word "/PLAY" on the top line, and "/ADD" on the bottom line, followed by "%1"?

Is that it?

Thanks very much for any additional instructions.
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 06-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.