Thread: Sound stopped working

Default Sound stopped working

Hi,

I am using OrangeCD 6.0.2 on Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

OrangeCD has worked OK ever since I installed it, until today. Playing a CD shows the time played changing, but there is no sound. Without changing anything, I can play the same CD in Windows Media Player and it plays OK. The volume control in OrangeCD is not off.

I have an internal CD Player and an external DVD Player. OrangeCD produces no sound from either of them

The only thing that I can think of that may have affected this is yesterday I was using Cyberlink PowerDVD and PowerProducer to edit some DVD video files.

I also have VisiTrax music organiser which can play CDs. Trying this program just now, I find it has no sound either.

Any suggestions please?

Peter

Default Re: Sound stopped working

Hi Peter

I would try reinstalling OCD.

Hi Paul,

I tried that - no change.

Then I tried installing another CD player WhopSee. Installed OK, but it also did not have any sound. ???

I then uninstalled OCD, shut down completely my PC and then booted it up. After this I installed OCD again, but still there was no sound. :'(

It almost looks as if there are different routines used by WMP and other media players. I don't know if there is a way to prove this??

Peter

Did you look at Volume controls? I would check if CD Audio volume control is not muted and not on zero volume.

It's Start->(All) Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Volume Controls.

Andrei

> It was muted!!!

I was going to ask how that could have happened, but then I thought it might give us all a headache!

Thanks for your help Andrei.

Peter