Thread: Exporting of data

Default Exporting of data

I have been playing around with exporting data for use on a webpage and have been using the Advanced Website template.

Because the database of my albums will be quite large, is there a way to only have new entries and an updated index file created?

I am trying to figure out an easy way to avoid having to reload up every file to the website. I can't say upload only files newer than ones currently there as all files will be newer. If I say to skip files that already exist, then the new index and some other files that have been updated will be missed.

Any suggestions??

Default Re: Exporting of data

This should happen automatically. OrangeCD won't update files that don't need updating. So, if your FTP program is configured correctly, it will only upload few files and skip everything else. Most FTP programs have these settings.

Andrei

Thanks. I'll check the settings in the ftp program (filezilla).

I finally got around to doing another test and only new files had a changed date. All other files (ie: ones that existed before) have changed, but have retained their original creation date. Is there an option somewhere that would be doing this?