Thread: Complete Mozart Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Complete Mozart Edition

The Complete Mozart Edition by Philips is made of 45 volumes.
    A volume is made of between 1 CD in one jewel box and 9 CDs in 3 jewel boxes.

Each different volume has a different barcode. Barcode doesn't seem very useful since OCD doesn't create several discs for it but rather a disc with all the tracks for one volume. I still want every CD to be reflected in my colletion.

Here is how I think I can manage the situation: I have to create a record at top level for every jewel box rather than for every volume.

For example : Volume 1, Early Symphonies, 2 jewel boxes of 3 CDs each.

Complete Mozart Vol. 1, Early Symphonies (1/2)
    ----CD1
    ----CD2
    ----CD3

Complete Mozart Vol. 1, Early Symphonies (2/2)
    ----CD1
    ----CD2
    ----CD3

It wouldnevertheless be easier if my collection (the data base) couldhave a subcollection (Complete Mozart Edition) made of volumes. Each volume would be made of jewel boxes and each jewelbox would be made of 1 or several CDs.

Any comment or suggestion ? Is there any other application that can help to prepare the job and export to OCD ?

Any help is welcome.

Default Re: Complete Mozart Edition

To clarify : I wish I could have

Complete Mozart Vol. 1, Early Symphonies
    --------Case 1
    --------------------CD1
    --------------------CD2
    --------------------CD3
    --------Case 2
    --------------------CD1
    --------------------CD2
    --------------------CD3

For some complete work, each case has a unique barcode and cover. It seems there is no way to have different barcode within a box set. :'(

This scenario is not directly supported by OrangeCD. You can only have one level of groping, like in your first example.

Complete Mozart Vol. 1, Early Symphonies (1/2)
    ----CD1
    ----CD2
    ----CD3

Complete Mozart Vol. 1, Early Symphonies (2/2)
    ----CD1
    ----CD2
    ----CD3

To achieve it, you will need to do some manual editing in "Title" and "#in set" fields for each CD. I don't think any app would be of use here.

Andrei

On the other hand, you can use "Volume name" facility to keep data organized. Enter all 9 discs in one set, then give a descriptive name to each CD. You can edit each CD name either in tree view (Rename command) or in "Part title" field of album properties.

e.g.

Complete Mozart Vol. 1, Early Symphonies

That scenario is not bad either.

Can OCD retrieve information for several discs within a set at once through barcode? It seems it cocatenates discs into 1 disc with many tracks.

Why are cds in some sets called "Volume" and "CD" in others ?

By the way: I have been testing Music Collector and Mediaman. OCD is still the closest to my expectation. Thanks.