Thread: my outstanding feature requests :)

Default my outstanding feature requests :)

Hi,

I hope you dont mind if i kinda of repeat myself with some requests i've made and if you could say if they are on the TODO list so i know to look out for them and test.

1. Use CUE file when adding 1 large MP3.

This was mention to be in an October build. Hopefully we'll see this one soon

2. folder MP3 scan(import).

If files are named in the following format

<track num> - <artist> - <Title>.mp3

then mp3 import correctly splits the artist/titles in the view.

but all my mp3 are named (and i prefer it this way)

<track num> - <title> - <artist>.mp3

So doesn;t do the split correctly.

3. EXTRACT ARTIST In track details.

You can select MORE button then extract Artists but this feature assumes that the Artist is the first value in the TITLE field. so you end up with the song title in the Artist field. you then have to do SWAP to switch them around. would be nice for a single click option.

Ideally if request 2 is done then request 3 would not be needed.

4. Improve DOWNLOAD CD COVERS.

I would like to see this option box get some extra loving. Show more that a single cover at a time.

5. Album Path change report.

I tend to occassion move my albums to a different folder so it would be nice to have a report where OC can show me which albums have been moved so i can update its database. Currently i have to remember which ones i've done or navigate the whole database.

Hopefully you can give some info if any of the above is possible/doable and roughly when.

ta

Default Re: my outstanding feature requests :)

Thanks for the requests. 1, 2, and 5 are already in TODO list and just waiting for the work to get started. The rest are lower priority, but we'll see what can be done.

Andrei

many thanks Andrei

Hi Andrei, just checking in to see if these requests are still on the table and if so any idea when for?

cheers.

I know you're busy with th MYGENTRE site but 1 &amp; 2 are preventing me using this package to the depth i would like.

cheers.

Sorry it's taking so long. I am back on improving MP3/FLAC scanning and hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in some of your features in the next build.

Andrei

thanks... ta...grazie..

Tried the lastest build and still no joy on feature request 1 &amp; 2.. no point having all those other lovely features and MYGENIE site when i can't get it to scan my tunes properly.

Andrei,

any chance Request 2 can be done ? its been quite a while since i original asked for it.

Just tried the 6.2 build and this still does not work and its cause me a lot of problems in importing all my collection in.

thanks.

If you properly put in your tags you have NO PROBLEM. I have been beating this dead horse for YEARS. There are two kinds of people:

1. Those that have PERFECT tags at the expenditure of YEARS of work, and always have a PERFECT database and name structure.

2. Those that ignore the tags and always have problems.

I well know the problems that Andri has writing an album-oriented database to work with track-oriented tag structure. He seems to be solving it slowly but surely over a period of years. Now if your tags are perfect when he finally reaches that destination, your database will automatically structure itself any way you want it. Right now, I do what you want done almost on a daily basis. I don't have the problem. As a matter of fact I have never made a manual entry and hopefully never will. Although my disk structure is rigerously structured Genre-Artist-Album and my filenames artist-album-track-title, I TURN OFF the feature to use this and let ERRORS ALERT ME TO TAG PROBLEMS. I fix the tags not the database. I finally can see the day that OrangeD can do anything that manual entry will accomplish from the tags alone. THAT will be KILLER!

By the way, I have over 50,000 albums in jazz-blues-classic rock-bluegrass-country-classical-pop most with art and when OrangeCD finally gets to the point that I have an acceptable database I intend to upload them all in one fell swoop.