Thread: window.external.editdisc question

Default window.external.editdisc question

I've noticed that when I work with multiple disc sets (like box sets), this function summons a property page that applies to all of the discs (it's titled "Box Set" and contains a box set tab). Is there a way to call it if I just want to bring up the page for a specific single volume in the set? This would be the page that comes up when on expands the entry for the set in the Browse tree control (left hand window) and double clicks the link for one of the discs. This property page is titled "Record Properties"

The advantage of "Record Properties" is that it permits artists, authoers and such like to be entered at the disc level. The "Box Set" tab simply lists "(various)" for the artists and authors.

I'd like to add the ability to get to this property page from inside my theme's album page.

Default Re: window.external.editdisc question

It's possible in a hacky way (as usual). Place this code inside <dax:volume> tag:

Code:
    <a href="#" onclick="window.external.editdisc(parseHexUnsigned('<dax:cddbid/>'),0); return false;" class="graylink">Click to edit individual volume</a>
    ...and add this function somewhere in <head> tag:

[code]<script type="text/javascript">
    // sadly, javascript overflows if you try to parseInt
    // large unsigned number like this:
    //