Thread: Date Error in artist profile screen

Default Date Error in artist profile screen

Hello,

In the last version, I can't write the born and died years in the artirt profile. I have a cd collection of acient music, when I try to introduce years like 1221, 1454 etc.. a error message appears "Please enter a year" or the year between 1901 and 2027.
    is there any solution for this?
    Tank you

Default Re: Date Error in artist profile screen

It seems that the earliest year that OCD will accept is 1400, but that any date previous to 1900 can only have the year entered (no day or month). It's the same for the Composer profile as well (not surprising as they probably use the same code!).

It looks like a bug to me....

There is a limitation for date controls. You cannot enter years earlier than 1400-ish, and for years prior to 1901 you cannot enter exact dates.

I recommend using Biography field for storing ancient dates if you really have to have it logged somewhere.

I will look into fixing it some time, but there are certain technical problems with it which needs to be solved before I can fix this issue.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Andrei

Tank you for your answers!

It is a problem for me, in my cd colletion all composer have been born before 1600. Before I dicovered this option, I used this solution, in the field ARTITS= NAME (Born Year, Death Year).

thanks to both for your attention