Thread: reissue fields in v6

Default reissue fields in v6

i can't figure out what are reissue fields designed for. well i understand that they are for reissue details - i'm not that dumb. but i don't get what kind of info should be enered there.

example:

i have a cd released by Irond Rec. licensed from Nuclear Blast Rec. what i am supposed to add:

1. Label: Irond Rec.
    Reissue Label: (left blank in case someone would reissue it)

or

2. Label: Nuclear Blast
    Reissue Label: Irond

CD Number is IROND01-01. It fits to variant 1, but variant 2 seems to be more logical. In that case I don't have field for reissue number.

Andrei, what did you originally mean?

Default Re: reissue fields in v6

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonbl4
    Andrei, what did you originally mean?
    Originally, I had too much trouble logging albums that were reissued years after original pressing. I have a number of the same albums from different labels/years, and wanted to document the difference. For example, Klaus Schulze's 1977 "Mirage" album was first released as CD in 1980-s , then reissued in 2005. It's important for me to differentiate 2005 reissue from earlier CD release because it has additional bonus track, it is tri-fold digipak instead of plain CD case, different artwork, etc.

Before this field, I had to add suffixes like "2005 reissue" to the titles and quickly grew tired of it

I personally do not consider albums released under license from another label real reissues because typically there aren't many differences (if any).

Andrei

Default Re: reissue fields in v6

well, i got your point. still, another example:
    Lividity - Fetish For The Sick was released on Ablated Records in 1997 and re-released on Comatose Music in 2004 with bonuses, number coma 009. I've got re-issue CD. And it would be stupid if it looked like this:

Label: Ablated Records
    Number: coma009

I guess, it would be more logical to have Original Label and Year fields...