Thread: Play CD or Media Files

Default Play CD or Media Files

I keep my CD collection on my HDD as MP3 files I would like to be able to play the media files if the CD is not inserted.

Currently I can scan the media files for an album, I than reinsert the CD and scan as a new entry, I than copy the media fields to the new entry. This results in entries on the MISC PAGE for both the Album Path and the Physical Media.

However the CD plays OK, but if I remove the CD and try to play a track via a media file it ask to reinsert the CD.

Rather than defaulting to the CD Physical Media fields, why not check for the CD and if not present default to the media files via the Album Path.

Regards Des

Default Re: Play CD or Media Files

Quote Originally Posted by Des
    Rather than defaulting to the CD Physical Media fields, why not check for the CD and if not present default to the media files via the Album Path.
    It's because this usage scenario is not yet supported. You found a loophole that allowed you to assign path to MP3 files in CD entry, otherwise OrangeCD Suite wouldn't allow it.

This scenario will be supported by one of the updates in future. Until then I recommend you to keep two separate database entries for CD and media files. They have different icons, and are pretty intuitive (since you have both CD and media files).

You can always click Play in media file entry and it will start playing from HDD.

Andrei