Thread: Cover Art not displaying in OCD Player

Default Cover Art not displaying in OCD Player

This is really a free for all...
    I'm running the latest version and I've just found out that when I load a CD in my player, I'm no longer getting the cover art to display, and all CD's are showing New Artist: New Album Track #. It looks like the recognition logic is no longer working. I'm not sure that it is a software related issue, maybe a setup one... but any help in a possible diagnosis will be helpfull.

Cheers

Default Re: Cover Art not displaying in OCD Player

[quote=granit]This is really a free for all...
    I'm running the latest version and I've just found out that when I load a CD in my player, I'm no longer getting the cover art to display, and all CD's are showing New Artist: New Album Track #. It looks like the recognition logic is no longer working. I'm not sure that it is a software related issue, maybe a setup one... but any help in a possible diagnosis will be helpfull.

Thank you Andrei for the reply.

I did check my firewall, and I'm able to download/scan new CD's. But CD's that are already captured in my database are not being recognized when I play them using OCD Player. And that is of a concern to me because I have 700 + CD's, and I do not want to have to recreate a new database. Hint: I have just changed my OS to the latest XP version.

Thank you again for a wonderful product.

Cheers ;D

Quote Originally Posted by granit
    I did check my firewall, and I'm able to download/scan new CD's. But CD's that are already captured in my database are not being recognized when I play them using OCD Player.
    It is probably because database entries were not added using Scan CD-ROM Drive menu command. All alternative adding methods do not scan actual physical CD, so disc table-of-contents is not filed in database, and the player does not have enough info to recognize CD.

In order for the player to recognize physical CDs, they must be added to database using Scan CD-ROM Drive menu command.

Andrei