Thread: Lack of FLAC/APE support

Default Lack of FLAC/APE support

Andrei

It's been almost a year now since I and others have requested this and there is still sweet-f-all on the horizon. You can develop other features all you want, fact is mp3 is going the way of the dodo, as is your software so long as it does not support lossless audio formats. Wake up and smell the coffee...the writing is on the wall...you have a great product, don't f-it up by refusing to focus on what most current and potential users desperately want.

Until you integrate lossless audio support (especially FLAC & APE) you will not see a red cent from myself nor many other users.

There, I've said it, loud and clear!

Default Re: Lack of FLAC/APE support

wow!

View -> Preferences

In Preferences window, switch to Media tab and add ape to the list under File Type. I believe flac is already in the list, but if you don't see it, add flac as well. Separate each entry with semicolon.

After that you should be able to add FLAC and APE files to the collection, although cue files aren't yet supported.

Andrei

Adding APE to the file type allows me to add ape files, but OrangeCD doesn't recognize the file times. OrangeCD either ignores the times or puts huge numbers like 224:47 for a three minute song. I can enter the times manually and OCD will figure the total time, but it's a pain. Any reason OCD can't read the times off tags for ape files? Any fix for it?

Thanks.

I am preparing a new release 6.0.1 that will read FLAC song times correctly. It will be on download page in next 12 hours or so.

APE support will also be available soon (I am working on it already). Sory for wait, but APE file format is more work than FLAC...

Andrei

I am preparing a new release 6.0.1 that will read FLAC song times correctly.
    What about reading FLAC tags correctly?
    What about reading FLAC tags at all? ???
    This is the only thing that's stopping me from purchasing... ;D

I guess I already answered it... I am working on FLAC tag parsing and it shouldn't take long.

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/orangecd_suggest/1167705032.html[/url]

FLAC tags support added in version 6.0.8.

You ROCK!!! ;D Gonna test that out now! Thank You! 8)

Doesn't seem to read the "Year" or "Comment" fields from the FLAC tag... :-[
    Anyone else experiencing this?