Thread: Searching for zero-duration albums

Default Searching for zero-duration albums

i have several LPs for which i don't have track durations entered (they've either been manually entered and there were no durations listed, or i downloaded the track titles from Amazon instead of freeDB).

For maintenance purposes i'd like to create a query to list all of those, but i can't figure out how to set it up. i've tried to search in the "track duration" field for exactly 0:00, for less than 0:01, and for "track duration" is empty, both as an album and as a track search, but every time i get the "No records were found" message.

Is there a way that i can search for zero/null duration? It would save me A LOT of time.

Default Re: Searching for zero-duration albums

Try selecting "Entire Collection" from the tree view. Make sure you have the album table view 'view' set to "Albums" (rather than "Tracks" or "Covers"). Also ensure that one of your columns is "Duration". Then, by clicking on the "Duration" column label at the top, sort by "Duration". At least this way you'll have all of your zero or no duration albums all together!

You can then select all of these, and make a list from them that you can up-date as you up-date individual album track times (List>Mark selection>New list). Hope this rough fix helps!

Default Re: Searching for zero-duration albums

Thanks, i used your suggestion, except that i selected LP from the Format view instead of selecting Entire Collection. And since i have plenty of LPs that i don't have tracks entered for, i sorted first by duration, then by track count, and selected the LPs with more than one track.

It's not a perfect solution, since the list won't be dynamically updated when i remove a zero-duration LP and replace it with one with track durations, but it will do for now.

Thanks again.