Thread: Track grouping

Default Track grouping

Hello,

I like OCD very much. This program is easy to use and has a clean UI. Congratulations!

I would like to know if it is possible to group different tracks by musical work (e.g. opus No.) for export or report, or if some type of workaround would allow this type of customization. The following discussion should clarify the problem.

[url]http://www.fnprg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7190&highlight=group[/url]

Any help or tips on how to acomplish the grouping will be appreciated.

Default Re: Track grouping

You could create each work as a separate record. Then, in list view, select these separate records and make them into a 'boxed set'. This way the set will have a name (eg Piano Sonatas), and the individual works will also show, with different movements listed as tracks within the work. Is that what you want to do - do I understand your question correctly?!

Thank you for your reply.

I will try what you suggest and see how it works. I only care if I already have a certain work and a listing by tracks contains too much information and needs a very large printout to carry around. Of course having an Album/Work/Track structure where you could hide the track information would be very nice.

As an example, consider the following track list:

1. English Suite No. 2 in A Minor, BWV 807 - I. Pr

Quote Originally Posted by Allegro
    I will try what you suggest and see how it works. I only care if I already have a certain work and a listing by tracks contains too much information and needs a very large printout to carry around. Of course having an Album/Work/Track structure where you could hide the track information would be very nice.
    It's not possible to group tracks in current OrangeCD, but I like the idea very much. This will make nice improvements in one of future updates. Thanks.

Andrei

If you do provide this feature (and I hope you do), you might also consider the case when tracks needing grouping span multiple CDs of a boxed set, e.g., composer #1/opus #1 is on all the tracks of CD1 plus the first few tracks of CD2, and composer #2 / opus #2 is on the remaining tracks of CD2. As an example, see "Berlioz: Requiem; Boito: Prologue to Mefistofele" on amazon.com. Doesn't happen much (and we can handle the way BLOWERS suggests, although I had to add two custom fields to reference back to the physical CD). I would be willing to settle just for the vanilla situation, however -- would make life much easier.

Bill