Thread: Flac Support

Default Flac Support

Hello,

I'm trying OrangeCD for the first time and have some questions:

1. Is there any possibility to get all information stored in the tags of my flac files, for example all fields in the comment area?

2. Is ther any posibility to connect OrangeCD fields to tags in flac files, so that changes in OrangeCD will automatically update the flac tags?

This is important because 1st the rating tag is read by a plugin for squeezebox to show the rating on the squeezebox and 2nd I'll like to be independent from one single software

hrlfo

Default Re: Flac Support

Quote Originally Posted by helfo
    1. Is there any possibility to get all information stored in the tags of my flac files, for example all fields in the comment area?
    I believe this was discussed on this board already and I am looking into it. The problem with FLAC is lack of standard, each applications seems to implement its own set of tags.

2. Is ther any posibility to connect OrangeCD fields to tags in flac files, so that changes in OrangeCD will automatically update the flac tags?
    No, it's not possible currently. There are plans for feature that will do fast synchronization between tags and the database. There's a big area for improvement there and you can expect progress in next few months.

Andrei

Default Re: Flac Support

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    I believe this was discussed on this board already and I am looking into it. The problem with FLAC is lack of standard, each applications seems to implement its own set of tags.

No, it's not possible currently. There are plans for feature that will do fast synchronization between tags and the database. There's a big area for improvement there and you can expect progress in next few months.

Andrei
    Hmm, yes it is discussed, but there are many questions open.
    So please tell me, which features of flac tags does OCD support s actually.

The comment tag is a container, that can have as many fields as you want:

Comment

Field 1 - Value 1
    Field 2 - Value 2
    Field n - Value n

There is no specification how to name the fields.

And if you promise, that in a few months (max. 4) there will be synchronization between tags and database and full support of comment field, I'll buy OCD now:-)

I like the rest!