Thread: Lyrics - could they support (some) HTML?

Default Lyrics - could they support (some) HTML?

I'd like to suggest the lyrics field support some HTML if that can be done. Occasionally, it's useful to highlight certain parts of the song, such as a chorus or a bit that's spoken.

If the field could support basic formatting tags like <i> and <b> and similar stuff, that would meet my needs.

But this might be hard to do...

Default Re: Lyrics - could they support (some) HTML?

I second this wish. I think I already suggested this feature some years ago, but it would still be nice to have some format functions in the lyrics.

How much of HTML support would you need?

Would bold, italic, and underline be sufficient? Or, you would like to see custom fonts and advanced styles like lists and tables as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    How much of HTML support would you need?

Would bold, italic, and underline be sufficient? Or, you would like to see custom fonts and advanced styles like lists and tables as well?
    For me some basic font formatting will be sufficient. With these options it is possible to indicate in a duet who sings what part of the lyrics.

So bold, italic and underline are a good start for this, but is it also possible to choose font colors? I think this might help for songs were two or more parts are sung at the same time. This happens for instance in musicals.

I do not need lists nor tables.

I could use support for <b>, <i>, <u> tags (and their corresponding end tags, of course).

Nice to haves would be different font colors and font sizes and horizontal rules (<hr>).

I see no need for: tables, javascript, stylesheet/CSS, anchors (hyperlinks), lists, embedded objects, images, frames, forms.

HTH