Thread: Prices/Total Value in Box Sets

Default Prices/Total Value in Box Sets

Has anyone noticed that if you enter a box set of say 3 CDs - at a price of $12.00 for the set - in the table view it shows as $36.00.

I enter this price on the main screen of the set, which then shows the price as $12.00 on each of the screens, Main(box set), CD1, CD2, CD3. In table view of the record, if I view the price it shows as $36.00 and not as $12.00.

I can work around this by making each CD $4.00 but then the main screen shows as $4.00 too, and the table view shows as $12.00.

If you print the individual CD/set details it shows as $12.00 which is correct, but printing out the table view it comes out as $12.00 for each CD in the set (shows $12.00 on each line - 1/3 2/3 3/3). I would like to be able just to print a report so that my insurance company has it on record in the event of every having to make a claim

Thanks
    Greg

Default Re: Prices/Total Value in Box Sets

Hi

I encountered this problem too.

Andrie, is it possible to allocate the price to the box set only and not split between individual CDs.

:-[ I would also like to know what's the difference between the ORIGINAL PRICE and PRICE fields.

Thanks

Joe

Default Re: Prices/Total Value in Box Sets

Hi Greg,

I noticed this issue, but I work around it by assigning the full price of the box set to the first CD.

There are downsides: the price for the boxset is shown as (various) and when you view another CD than the first of the boxset, the price is listed as 0.00.

To assign the price to the first CD you have to edit the properties of CD1. You can do that from the treeview. First you click on the + in front of the boxset to see the separate CDs. You can right click on CD1 and choose properties in the menu or select CD1 and use Alt-Enter.

Regards,

Eric