Thread: Problem with favorite theme in latest build

Default Problem with favorite theme in latest build

Hi Andrei.

I have a problem with the new build. I installed it over the previous most recent release, then found - when I set it to use my usual theme - that I could not set track ratings any more (well, I could set them, but no new ones would show on album, album preview or track pages - only previously set stars would show up). So... I rolled my sytem back to the previous build.

However, in the latest Default template, I particularly like being able to include ratings in the recent albums table on the start page. So I kept a copy of the latest Default template, renamed it LatestDefault, and opened it for editing in DaxEdit. The idea was to copy and paste the reference to recent ratings into my favourite theme WITHOUT upgrading to the new build. I included the recent_ratings statement in Declarations in my favourite theme, too.

BUT.... whenever I went to the Start page view in my favourite - edited - theme, I got an "Invalid cover arguments in" template error message. It didn't tell me anything more. I even tried copying and replacing the entire start page, but this generated an HTML parsing error.

What have I missed??!!!

PS I never had any problems with ratings stars in the previous build as described in your version history.

Default Re: Problem with favourite theme in latest build.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    I have a problem with the new build. I installed it over the previous most recent release, then found - when I set it to use my usual theme - that I could not set track ratings any more (well, I could set them, but no new ones would show on album, album preview or track pages - only previously set stars would show up).
    Is this a bug in latest build+your template combination only? I don't see any problem with default template.

However, in the latest Default template, I particularly like being able to include ratings in the recent albums table on the start page. So I kept a copy of the latest Default template, renamed it LatestDefault, and opened it for editing in DaxEdit. The idea was to copy and paste the reference to recent ratings into my favourite theme WITHOUT upgrading to the new build. I included the recent_ratings statement in Declarations in my favourite theme, too.

BUT.... whenever I went to the Start page view in my favourite - edited - theme, I got an "Invalid cover arguments in" template error message. It didn't tell me anything more. I even tried copying and replacing the entire start page, but this generated an HTML parsing error.
    I am afraid this is expected. You won't be able to use ratings on start page with version older than 6.1.3, because this feature requires certain application logic that was added in this build.

More specifically, it's <dax:ratingcombo> tag that breaks your code. It can accept three parameters in 6.1.3, and only one parameter in 6.1.2. The parameters are background color, image ID prefix, and optional 'short' keyword to omit "not rated" text.

[quote]PS

Default Re: Problem with favourite theme in latest build.

Hi Andrei,

I have now incorporated the features of my favourite template into the new default theme, and all works fine. There was still a problem trying to use my favourite theme with the latest build. Kept getting a script error ('on this page - do you want to keep loading' etc etc). Doesn't bother me now, but maybe others may encounter it?

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. One other thing - totally unrelated: is it possible (and, if so, how?) to edit the colours independently for album and/or track preview pages in daxedit? Any help here much appreciated!!

Many thanks.