Thread: Custom Fields

Default Custom Fields

Andrei

I can see how MyGenres is going to be very useful. I know you are working on it but I have a couple of suggestions. I make regular use of some custom fields (to use my own rating system, for example, which doesn't work with stars). I can imagine it might not be easy to program that into MyGenres, but I would find it very useful.

I also want to endorse the request to have artists sorted by last name, rather than first.

I have no need for the composers to be included with the tracks in the single album display. I can imagine that those with large classical collections would find it useful, but it is just distracting for me. The album list display is customisable; could you do the same for the single album display?

The song display comes up sorted by artist. When I use that I am looking for a particular song and so have to sort it by song. I can customise which columns get displayed, why not allow users to chose what to sort on?

Thanks for this very handy tool.

Default Re: Custom Fields

Andrei

I see if I left the Songs pages sorted by Song it will be that way when I log in again. So that wish is already met.

Default Re: Custom Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North
    I can see how MyGenres is going to be very useful. I know you are working on it but I have a couple of suggestions. I make regular use of some custom fields (to use my own rating system, for example, which doesn't work with stars). I can imagine it might not be easy to program that into MyGenres, but I would find it very useful.

I also want to endorse the request to have artists sorted by last name, rather than first.

I have no need for the composers to be included with the tracks in the single album display. I can imagine that those with large classical collections would find it useful, but it is just distracting for me. The album list display is customisable; could you do the same for the single album display?
    You can expect two new settings in future:
    - sort by last name (as opposed to first name)
    - turn off composer display

Both make a lot of sense to me and are easy to implement.

Andrei