Thread: 507 Invalid or expired session ID [FIXED]

Default 507 Invalid or expired session ID [FIXED]

I have tried numerous times to upload my database to myGenres.com and have received this error message each time. My database is currently 29.77 megabytes with 7723 records. The first time it ran over 4 hours and then errored out. Any ideas would be helpful.
    db

Default Re: 507 Invalid or expired session ID

My database is pretty much on par with yours, and for the most part I have the exact same problem. It took about 9 tries before it successfully updated the first time (a hint....if it's going to work you will see a "time remaining" come up after a couple of minutes).

However, since then I've had extreme difficulty in trying to update. Some of the times when I get the 507 message it has updated some of my collection, but I'm not sure that everything is updated.

If you click on the blog link on the bottom of mygenres.com....in the comments for the top post...there are hints given for uploading larger collections, but I didn't really see much difference.

Folks,

I am struggling to fix this problem, but I need your help.

Can you download a special build of the software from
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_mg.exe[/url] , then try to upload the collection, and send me the resulting log at [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email]? This special build is equivalent to latest version in all respects, except it does more logging when uploading to mygenres.com website. The information that it logs (timestamps and data sizes) will hopefully uncover which step takes so much time that it causes the error.

Thanks
    Andrei

I have just emailed you the log file generated from the build that you posted the link to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the logs. I think the issue is now fixed. I uploaded a new special build to this location:

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_mg.exe[/url]

You can install the build from this link and try again. I am pretty sure this will take care of error 507 and, as an additional bonus, reduce upload time.

Andrei

Using the new build my collection was successfully uploaded. It took just under 37 minutes, which is okay with me.

Quote Originally Posted by CndChaos
    Using the new build my collection was successfully uploaded. It took just under 37 minutes, which is okay with me.
    I will try to speed up the upload time when I get a chance. There's definitely space for improvement.

Andrei