Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiple disk sets

Default Re: Multiple disk sets

Thanks, Andrei, but I need a bit more guidance.

When you say 2. Switch to Box Set tab, are you referring to the Part # for Part of multiple-disk set in the General tab? If so, I've already done that for the four discs in my set, selecting 1/4, 2/4, etc. However, I don't see the Move up/Move down keys you're referring to which will change the order of my entries.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

[quote=Ron_Thorne]Thanks, Andrei, but I need a bit more guidance.

When you say

Thanks again, Blowers.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing part of what you're describing.

Within the General Tab, I see a Format: window in which I've chosen CD box set. Immediately below that window I've chosen 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 as a part # of the particular box set in question. I don't see the move up/move down buttons being referred to for this. If they're the ones in the lower left hand corner, they don't affect the order of discs listed in my master list, which is what I'm attempting to alter, within the artist tree drop down.

I just realized that I overlooked your comment re:Select "Make Box Set" within "Tools". When I click on that choice, I receive a pop-up message "To create a box set, choose two or more standalone records in album list view". Whaaa? I'm lost again.

Sorry for the density, but I don't customarily have this much trouble with such things.

Perhaps what I'm trying to achieve has been misunderstood and can't be changed without re-entering all four discs in question.

Thanks for any further clarification.

Ron,

Try this. Select a box set you have already created, but which shows the CDs in the wrong order. THEN look at the "Box Set" tab which should be next to the "General" tab in the entry's properties. THEN highlight the CD (s) you want to move, and try moving them. I think that should solve your problems.

Then click on the + sign next to the entry in the Tree view: it will expand to show the individual CDs. When you look at the "General" property tabs on these, they should automaticaly show which disc number of the boxed set they are (i.e. 1/4, 2/4 or whatever), determined by the moves you have just made in the "Box Set" tab. You can also add a "part title" at this stage if you want. Let me know!! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    Ron,

Try this. Select a box set you have already created, but which shows the CDs in the wrong order. THEN look at the "Box Set" tab which should be next to the "General" tab in the entry's properties.
    Thanks again for your patience and help, Blowers.

Here's the rub. There is no "Box Set tab" on my software. I'm using ver. 6.0.9 Build 11003.

When I right click on Properties, I see the following tabs, from left to right -- General/Tracks/Artwork/Credits/Musicians/Recording/Library/Notes/Custom 1/Misc.

There is a "Format" window with the General tab where you can choose CD, CDR, CD box set, etc. In this case, I've chosen CD box set, then indicated (by Part #) which disc it is within the set, i.e., 1/4, 2/4, etc.

The issue of a "Box Set Tab" has thrown me from the first mention of it by Andrei, followed by your instructions which also included using that non-existing tab.

Back to the drawing boards.

Let me see if I can help here because I have struggled through this.

To create a box set go to Tools/Make a Box Set

The tab blowers is referring to can only be seen once a box set has been made.

Hope this helps.

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Thorne
    The issue of a "Box Set Tab" has thrown me from the first mention of it by Andrei, followed by your instructions which also included using that non-existing tab.
    Hi Ron,

Sorry if my response was too vague. The box set tab only exists for box sets. It is not visible for regular single-disc albums. So before you can use it, you need to create a box set out of your 4 assorted discs.

To do so, select all of them in the right view. For example, click the folder that contains all 4, then select them in the right view holding Ctrl or Shift key.

Once selected all 4 of them, click menu Tools -> Make Box Set. You will then need to ensure artist/composer/title is entered, and re-enter it if needed. Then switch to Box Set tab (it will be there, I promise ) and ensure the order is also correct. If not, fix the order using Move Up/Move Down keys.

Finally, press OK.

Andrei

OK Ron!

Have you actually - successfully - used the "Make box set" instruction from the "Tools" menu at any time? If so, there must be a "Box Set" tab in the entry's properties. The only other possibility - as you have hinted - is that this tab only came in with a newer version.

So.... is there any reason for not downloading and installing the latest release? I have never had any problems doing this and simply running the new install file over the top of my existing version. No data has ben lost or corrupted. Sure, it will open with the new default template/theme, but you can change this back to your preferred theme easily enough (via the "View - Preferences -Theme" tab).

It might be advisable to do a back-up copy of your database first, if you are worried about losing aything! Just copy it and keep it - temporarily - in a different location. Or set a Windows restore point before installing. Am I helping at all?!! Hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    Hi Ron,

Sorry if my response was too vague. The box set tab only exists for box sets. It is not visible for regular single-disc albums. So before you can use it, you need to create a box set out of your 4 assorted discs.

To do so, select all of them in the right view. For example, click the folder that contains all 4, then select them in the right view holding Ctrl or Shift key.
    Obviously, I thought that I'd already established a Box Set, much to my chagrin.

Sorry, Andrei, but I don't understand what you mean by "select all of them in the right view". FYI, I'm unable to select more than one of the four CDs, even while using Ctrl or Shift Key.

I would suggest that it's not terribly user-friendly to need to access both the General Tab (1 of 10) for making entries for Format and Part #, but also have to access and understand how to engage the "Make box set" portion within Tools.

I'm still quite confused, and I'm not a computer "newbie", either.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    OK Ron!

Have you actually - successfully - used the "Make box set" instruction from the "Tools" menu at any time?
    No, I'm sorry to say, BLOWERS.

I've upgraded to 6.1.1 Build 11109 successfully, however.