Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple disk sets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Multiple disk sets

I notice that multiple disk sets sometimes has the disks listed separately with disk 1, disk 2, etc. in parenthesis as part of the title. Sometimes the multiple disks are just listed as Disk 1, Disk 2, etc. but under the title file.

What causes this and how can I change it depending on which I want to use?

Thanks,
    Skip

Default Re: Multiple disk sets

Can you give an example of the disc (or its title)?

Starting from build 6.0.9, OrangeCD analyses the disc number indicators and removes them from title. It seems your case is special, so I would like to know what the title was.

Andrei

Most of the titles appear as such:
    O, Yeah! - Ultimate Aerosmith Hits (Disk 1)
    O, Yeah! - Ultimate Aerosmith Hits (Disk 2)

But then I have:

Buffalo Springfield
    Box Set
    CD1 - No information and purple font.
    CD2

All the Buffalo Springfield titles are listed in Box Set with a section for CD1 and another for CD2. The CD1 and CD2 have no information and the CD1 and CD2 are in purple lettering.

Any help, Andrei?

Skip

Sorry, I tried to query the CDs you mentioned but they recognized successfully and the disc numbers were extracted from the title.

Which version did you use to add these albums? The automatic box set recognition only appeared in 6.0.9. Any version prior to that would result in disc number suffices appened to the title...

I suggest that you re-download information for these CDs using right-click and Download CD Info. I think it will fix the problem.

Andrei

That did it. Thanks.

I recently acquired OrangeCD Suite, and am puzzled by a portion of an entry of a boxed set in my catalog.

All four CDs are shown, but in the wrong order. I've tried and tried to figure out how to shift the order so that it flows from 1-4, from top-to-bottom, but with no success.

It certainly would be nice if you could simply click and drag to shift positions. Since that option is (apparently) unavailable, how is this done? Right-clicking on Properties doesn't seem to yield answers.

Thanks.

Hi Ron,

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Thorne
    I recently acquired OrangeCD Suite, and am puzzled by a portion of an entry of a boxed set in my catalog.

All four CDs are shown, but in the wrong order. I've tried and tried to figure out how to shift the order so that it flows from 1-4, from top-to-bottom, but with no success.

It certainly would be nice if you could simply click and drag to shift positions. Since that option is (apparently) unavailable, how is this done? Right-clicking on Properties doesn't seem to yield answers.

Thanks.
    As far as I understand it (I might be wrong!), before making, say, 4 individual CDs into a boxed set, you need to stipulate the relative CD numbers within that set in "properties".

So, scan the CDs into the database, one by one.
    Make sure you identify which CD is 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 in "Part of multiple disc set - Part #" field in each disc's properties. If each CD has an individual "Part title", enter that in the box below "Part #". Then give each CD the same overall "Title" in the main "Title" field. Ensure that each CD has the same "Format".
    Then... highlight all 4 entries in list view, select "Make box set" from the "Tools" menu,,,, et voila! All CDs should appear in order.

It certainly works for me. Good luck....

Thanks, BLOWERS.

So, if I understand you correctly, there's nothing that can be done for my situation except to delete, then re-insert all four entries?

I'm surprised that there's not a way to correct this particular situation, especially since I added the CDs in the proper order (initially), yet they got jumbled for reasons unknown to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Thorne
    So, if I understand you correctly, there's nothing that can be done for my situation except to delete, then re-insert all four entries?

I'm surprised that there's not a way to correct this particular situation, especially since I added the CDs in the proper order (initially), yet they got jumbled for reasons unknown to me.
    You don't need to delete the entries!

1. Open box set properties (select the box set item, right-click, properties).

2. Switch to Box Set tab.

3. Correct the order by pressing Move up/Move down keys.

4. Press OK.

Andrei