Thread: Installation problem --- can't find network path

Default Installation problem --- can't find network path

I downloaded the suite and the installation hung up when it looked for a network drive that is not currently available. The error message was:

Setup was unable to create directory \\192.168.010\music\My Music
    Network path was not found

I assumed this had something to do with the squeezebox plugin that I asked to install initially, but later attempts also tried to access this drive (full with plugin, full w/o plugin, custom (no quesitons were asked), and compact).

I do not like software that tries to catalog my computer without asking me, so I don't care to give it access to the network drive. I did anyway, and got the same error message.

I am installing the progam in the standard location on my c drive.

Help is appreciated.

Randy

Default never mind

Got it sorted out. I rebooted and tried again. Was able to repeatedly hit "ignore" and got it to install. (Ignore did not work prior to rebooting).

Default Re: Installation problem --- can't find network pa

OrangeCD setup does not attempt to scan your media files. It would not do it unless you explicitly click "Scan media files" in menu. However, setup installs a sample database in the My Music folder. It seems that My Music folder on your computer is mapped to network share. We don't support this scenario, so I would recommend temporarily enabling access to that share. I guarantee that the only change setup program will do in the music folder is creation of "Sample database.dab" file which you can manually delete when setup is complete.

Andrei