Thread: Box Sets and Compilation Questions - Suggestions

Default Box Sets and Compilation Questions - Suggestions

I'm using orange cd mainly as an "mp3 files" database and for creating - updating my web site (ekoliniol.com). My database consists of about 2000 albums and is growing quite fast. I would like to know the following:
    1.I was wondering if there is a way of automatic "Box sets" creation while importing my mp3 files. I've made sure that all "box sets" mp3 files are corectry tagged , meaning that they all have the same artist,album desription and that they also contain the ID3v2 "Disc" field like the following example:
    1/3, 2/3, 3/3 etc.
    2.Also is it possible for OranceCd to automaticaly recognize compilation albums (while importing mp3 files) and setting the field "compilation" by reading the "compilation" field of mp3 tag?
    3. Why orange cd does not recognise the following mp3 tag fields: "Label", "URL", "Artist Webpage"? Is there a way of changing "Scan media files" settings and adding those new fields or any other id3v2 field and tell the program the database field where this information will saved ?
    4.I'm using a modified version of CMI_PLAY template for html exporting and would like to know how could i create a group section of Compilations (or live or bootlegs etc) albums in the home page . For exampe create a section like the "Browse by Artist" section consisting of all Titles (and their detail links) of all compilation albums.

thanks a lot and congrats for the best "music database" reporting program.

Default Re: Box Sets and Compilation Questions - Suggestio

Quote Originally Posted by ekoliniol
    I'm using orange cd mainly as an "mp3 files" database and for creating - updating my web site (ekoliniol.com). My database consists of about 2000 albums and is growing quite fast. I would like to know the following:
    1.I was wondering if there is a way of automatic "Box sets" creation while importing my mp3 files. I've made sure that all "box sets" mp3 files are corectry tagged , meaning that they all have the same artist,album desription and that they also contain the ID3v2 "Disc" field like the following example:
    1/3, 2/3, 3/3 etc.
    OrangeCD Catalog can automatically create sets if discs are placed each in individual folder, like in this example:

Grateful Dead
    Europe '72
    CD1
    CD2

2.Also is it possible for OranceCd to automaticaly recognize compilation albums (while importing mp3 files) and setting the field "compilation" by reading the "compilation" field of mp3 tag?
    Currently it is not done. I will look into this.

3. Why orange cd does not recognise the following mp3 tag fields: "Label", "URL", "Artist Webpage"? Is there a way of changing "Scan media files" settings and adding those new fields or any other id3v2 field and tell the program the database field where this information will saved ?
    Can you send me to [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email] an example of mp3 file where OrangeCD does not read these fields? I would like to fix this, but cannot reproduce the problem on my side. Also, try new build 6.0.8 - it may work already.

[quote]4.I'm using a modified version of CMI_PLAY template for html exporting and would like to know how could i create a group section of Compilations (or live or bootlegs etc)