Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playlist query

Default Playlist query

Is there any way to get OrangeCD to write the M3U playlist to a specific file before triggering the custom playback command?

What I'm trying to do is configure the program to control playback of MP3s on a standalone networked device (it's a TurtleBeach Audiotron!) using a third-party command-line interface which would send the proper command to have the device playback the M3U.

If I could have the program write its playlist to a specific file on the LAN, this would be a piece of cake...

Default Re: Playlist query

BUMP

Steve,

There is no way to do so in current version. But I think it's pretty easy to create a batch file that will copy the m3u file to location of your choice, then call other program's command line interface.

I could assist you with creation of this batch file.

In OrangeCD, you need to select "Custom command line" (Preferences, Media tab) and type this in the edit box:

Andrei:

That won't (and doesn't) work.

I think I can add a new registry setting for the location of temporary playlists. So you'll be able to customize it. Would it work for you?

Andrei

I certainly hope it would...

Am I correct in understanding that the current version of OrangeCD is indeed capable of writing an M3U file but will only send it to Winamp? Just asking... Curious if my limited skills in this regard are still sharp or if taking care of an 18-month-old kid has dulled my wits...

Steve

Of course OrangeCD can generate m3u files. But in current version, the m3u file is always created in temporary directory, and is automatically deleted after 3 days.

"Temporary directory" can be changed to "directory of your choice".

Don't misunderstand; what I was asking you was whether or not the notion I had was correct: that at present only winamp can be used to play M3U files, as the end-user doesn't seem to be able to alter the default winamp command.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S.
    that at present only winamp can be used to play M3U files, as the end-user doesn't seem to be able to alter the default winamp command.
    No, it is not true! You can change WinAmp to any other program (assuming it knows how to play m3u). OrangeCD displays command line for default m3u program in your system. It is not editable because it is changed elsewhere - in your Windows Explorer options.

To change default program for m3u, click Tools - Folder Options in Explorer, switch to File Types tab and scroll down to M3U. There you can change the program.

So, you can configure any other program to play m3u and OrangeCD will honor that.

You can even write your own batch file and register it to be a default m3u program, and it will be executed every time you click play in OrangeCD.

ahhh. duh... how did i miss that...?

Except that testing shows something odd.

It appears that OrangeCD (when selecting to play back or queue an entire album) does not write a proper M3U playlist. Instead it creates a new M3U file for each individual MP3... which is not quite the expected behavior...