Thread: OCD Musicians/Credits Tracks BUG with BoxSet

Default OCD Musicians/Credits Tracks BUG with BoxSet

About Musicians and Credits sections, if Band Members, Guest Musicians, Authors and Production are edited for the whole album or they're edited for some tracks and the album is a single volume, all works fine.

But if the album contains two or more volumes there is a BUG, revealed using my Javascript function to assign automatically tracks related to authors, musicians, etc: now with latest versions of OCD Andrei added built in functions like <dax:authortracks/>, etc. , but they act exactly as my JavaScript function, as the bug seems to be inside the OCD engine routines.

The BUG is shown in the following example:
    creating an album with two volumes and editing the 3d track of the second volume (without entering any credits data on Disc 1 at this moment) adding and author, f.i. Lou Reed, using this code as an example to show authors associated to a specific track like this

<dax:volume>
    <dax:volumename/><br>
    <dax:track>
    <dax:tracknum/>
    <dax:author>
    <dax:authorname/> <dax:authorrole/>
    </dax:author>
    <br>
    </dax:track>
    </dax:volume>

will show this result

Disc 1
    3 Lou Reed Author (? wrong)
    Disc 2
    3 Lou Reed Author (correct)

Lou Reed as Author was associated only to track 3 of Disc 2, but OCD will match only the tracknum, without checking the volumename!!!

Then if now I add a somthing on Disc 1, the ocd engine WILL SHOW ONLY the authors/credits of Disc 1, and if I delete all authors/credits data of Disc 1, OCD WILL NOT SHOW ANYTHING of Disc 2, so it seems that OCD privilege entries of first volume, forgetting all data of the following volumes.

Andrei, I hope that soon you'll fix this bug or tell me if I did something wrong with the box set, but actually it seems to me that this is an OCD bug!

Thanks
    Emanuele

Default Re: OCD Musicians/Credits Tracks BUG with BoxSet

Hi Emanuele,

You are right, the bug exists and the data is always taken from the first volume, which is wrong.

This problem is now on top of my list. I'll try to fix it for the next update.

Andrei

Hi again Andrei,
    since last time you wrote me, passed some OCD releases but the multivolume bug is not fixed, and this stops me from considering finished my theme and my export template, as all my live cds are shown with sections compiled with wrong infos.
    It'll be possible that this bug will be fixed soon?

Thanks
    Emanuele

This bug is now fixed in version 6.1.6. Thanks for your patience.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,
    I've installed the 6.1.6 version and the bug is fixed, but (unfortunately for me) only with your OCD function <dax:[fieldtype]tracks/>, if I try the example code above, the bug still remains.

My theme uses my own functions which show tracks with different styles from yours (which work fine with different recording sources shown like U2 FLOM website, but fail with guest, authors and so on).

I know that this is annoying for you since you have your built-in functions, but when you'll have time I hope you'll apply the corrections inside a normal loop type as the example code.

Apart from this, your releases are always getting better than EXCELLENT!!!!

Cheers
    Emanuele

Quote Originally Posted by Gagliem
    Hi Andrei,
    I've installed the 6.1.6 version and the bug is fixed, but (unfortunately for me) only with your OCD function <dax:[fieldtype]tracks/>, if I try the example code above, the bug still remains.
    This is a different problem. The fix will be in 6.1.7 in a couple of weeks.

Andrei,
    I updated OCD to v6.1.7 and at first sight it seems that all works perfectly!!!

The multivolume JS bug looks fixed, so I'll check if everything is ok and work again to restyle my own theme.

Thanks alot!!

Cheers
    Emanuele