Thread: Lists and Queries folders??

Default Lists and Queries folders??

Is there any way to change the location of the Lists and Queries folders? My Music folder is already big enough with all my other folders and since I personally don't need Lists and Queries I would like to delete them permanently (they come back upon OC restart) or move them someplace else. OCD should have the option for the user to manage these a little better.

Steve W

Default Re: Lists and Queries folders??

Hi Steve,

You can change the locations of the query and list folders by adding registry values:

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firetongue\DADB\HTML]
    "QueryDir"="C:\\My_Query_Dir"
    "ListDir"="C:\\My_List_Dir"
    I hope this helps.

Andrei

Yeah, I thought there would be registry entries. Thanks. I can handle that. For a future feature: make these user defined paths or 'none'.

Steve W

While I haven't yet changed mine, I believe that whre Andrei said to put C:\\My_Query_Dir etc. that you should specify the path you want to use such as:

C:\My Documents\Queries

and the other one called Lists

It will probably take a reboot of your machine to get it to work.

Steve W

Ok, I just did mine.
    1. go to the registry and navigate following the above instructions from Andrei.
    2. right-click in the right pane and select 'new' and then select String value. Call it QueryDir. Make a 2nd one and call it ListDir.
    3. double-click the QueryDir that you just made to pop up the modify dialog and enter the path to where you want your Queries folder to go. You don't have to call it Queries, but I did. I used

C:\Program Files\OrangeCD\Queries

4.repeat step 3 for ListDir. I used Lists.
    C:\Program Files\OrangeCD\Lists

5. now you have to actually create the folders Queries and Lists (or whatever you called them) in the same place you specified in the above 2 locations. You're done.

Worked for me.

Steve W

Worked for me too! Whew! Been using this program for several years! Yeah and Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by relayerman
    While I haven't yet changed mine, I believe that whre Andrei said to put C:\\My_Query_Dir etc. that you should specify the path you want to use such as:

C:\My Documents\Queries

and the other one called Lists

It will probably take a reboot of your machine to get it to work.
    Actually, reboot is not required. You just need to restart OrangeCD Catalog.

Andrei