Thread: Need Sugestion

Default Need Sugestion

Hi

I have a rather big collection of albums (mp3 format) around 14000 albums.

The problem is that i have some albums with no covers but i want to add them to my collection with a siggn that they dont have coverm i tried to play with lists but i cant understand the way thwy work and if i can add or remove things from a list so i want if anyone knows the way lists work to explaun them to me or if anyone has a other option to know my nocover albums (exept the scroll down thing) (and i would like not to use custom fields)

Thanks In advane....

Default Re: Need Sugestion

Hi - try this.

From the 'Content' view (left panel of OCCDB), select 'Entire Collection'. Make sure it shows 'Album Cover view' on the list (right) side of OCDDB. Then select all titles without covers (using 'Control' & left click). Then press the 'Space Bar'. This adds all these titles to a list (i.e. highlights them in yellow).

From the 'List' menu, select 'New list'.... 'from selection'. Then you can name this list, save it, and open at any time! Hope this helps....

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    Hi - try this.

From the 'Content' view (left panel of OCCDB), select 'Entire Collection'. Make sure it shows 'Album Cover view' on the list (right) side of OCDDB. Then select all titles without covers (using 'Control' & left click). Then press the 'Space Bar'. This adds all these titles to a list (i.e. highlights them in yellow).

From the 'List' menu, select 'New list'.... 'from selection'. Then you can name this list, save it, and open at any time! Hope this helps....

Thank u for ur reply 1 more question to make

Ok i've done whats u said but...the problem is when i add new albums with no covers how do i update the curent list ??

And imagine to have to go throu 14000 albums to select the 300 - 400 with no cover (i will die).

Thank u again for ur reply.

Hi Scorpio,

No problem.

Make a note of the albums with updated covers. In the 'List' menu, click 'unmark all'. Then open your No Covers list and select all albums in that list. Press the 'space bar' as before to mark them all. Then make none of them selected (so all appear yellow). Then select those you have up-dated and press 'space bar' again - that should 'un-yellow' them. Then go to 'List' menu and select 'view marked items'. Then... go to 'list' menu and choose 'new list... from selection'. Save with the same name as the old list, replacing it.

Written down it looks complicated, but it really isn't. Alternatively, of course, you could assign a field to show 'no cover' for an album, then run and save a search according to that criterion. Whenever you update an album, you would simply remove your 'no cover' reference so the album wouldn't show next time you ran the search. it's up to you!

Personally I would choose the latter method, hi-jacking an unused field (say, 'distributor') in which I would simply enter 'no' for no cover....

Cheers.

[quote=BLOWERS]Hi Scorpio,

No problem.

Make a note of the albums with updated covers. In the 'List' menu, click 'unmark all'.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    Ok i've done whats u said but...the problem is when i add new albums with no covers how do i update the curent list ??

And imagine to have to go throu 14000 albums to select the 300 - 400 with no cover (i will die).
    There is a trick that allows you select albums without covers quickly. Click menu Navigate -> Entire collection, then switch the list to table view (View -> Table view). Now, right-click a list header and select from menu Insert -> Cover size. This will add a new column in the list, called cover size. You can see that if some albums have no cover, they will show nothing in this column, while others will show their actual cover size. And you can sort by this column (by click on header), so all the albums without a cover will be on top of the list!

Now all you need is multi-select the top albums of the list using Shift key.

Andrei