Thread: max size ?

Default max size ?

What is the max size for database ?

I'm asking that cause i have my covers stored in database and i fear for the worst....

Default Re: max size ?

Scorpio,
    I don't know the answer but mine is 24.32 MB without the covers included. As a personal preference, I wouln't include the covers in my database. I hope this helps ...

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    What is the max size for database ?

I'm asking that cause i have my covers stored in database and i fear for the worst....
    There is no predefined limit for database size. As your database file grows, OrangeCD Catalog will become slower. It will still be usable, just less responsive.

It also depends on size of your cover images. With small images (like those that come from Amazon) you will have decent speed with many thousands of entries.

Andrei

Main db = 33.3 MB, backup = 47.3 MB and still going strong... ;D ;D

I assume the backup is larger because it contains all the covers?

I am currently at 84+ mg and about half way through my library. Any plans on speeding up the database for the larger files?

Quote Originally Posted by aeromn2010
    I am currently at 84+ mg and about half way through my library. Any plans on speeding up the database for the larger files?
    Your database is probably slow because of many cover images attached to the albums. The most efficient way to speed things up is to go View -> Preferences, Imaging tab, check "Store covers in external files", enter "0" in the KB box and uncheck "Store thumbnails in database". This will make big difference in database responsiveness.

Andrei