Thread: Export suggestions

Guest Guest

Default Export suggestions

Hi there,
    It would be nice if it were possible to make the extensions exported files get user customizable.
    I've made an XML export template, but now everytime I want to update my collection, I have to come back and change the extension to .xml afterwards.

Also, I've noticed that in the exports albums with multiple discs are already being grouped, which is great.
    Is that coming to the main app too?

cheers,
    Bas

Default Re: Export suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Bas
    It would be nice if it were possible to make the extensions exported files get user customizable. I've made an XML export template, but now everytime I want to update my collection, I have to come back and change the extension to .xml afterwards.
    Thanks for explanation, sounds like a good reason to make extension customizable. I added a todo item.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas
    Also, I've noticed that in the exports albums with multiple discs are already being grouped, which is great.
    Is that coming to the main app too?
    Absolutely. But not in this release. This work will be bundled with the other left pane tasks (like adding another level of grouping, further customization, etc.), and with templatization of internal HTML pages.