Thread: "Custom" CD's

Default "Custom" CD's

I would love to be able to create a "custom" cd by dragging and dropping tracks to a new CD. This would give me the ability to keep all the track info from a commercially available CD, and create my own CD.

I guess you would want to be able to 'lock' CD's or in some way differentiate between commercial and custom created CD's.

Great product so far. ;D

Default Re: "Custom" CD's

To differentiate between commercial and custom-made CDs, there is Private check box. At the moment, it has no special meaning. In future, "private" albums will not be allowed to submit to FreeDB, and will not export unless explicitly said.

But I doubt we'll ever enable CD-burning in our software... It is really too much work... And, Windows XP can burn CDs.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't want to burn CD's from the catalog software, I want to compile tracks with their information (Length, as well as every other piece of track-specific information) into a custom CD by dragging and dropping.

Guest Guest

Hello,

I absolutely love OrangeCD, and it is easily the best designed program of its kind. I will gladly buy it if you could add one small feature:

The ability to do CDDB lookups on manually-entered CD information. For example, I want the ability to start entering the CD information (artist and title info), and then do a CDDB lookup to fill in the rest of the information for me. This would save me a *lot* of typing.

I guess this might not be a very common use, but I have ripped many of my CDs into MP3s several years ago, and I don't want to go dig up all of them (some of which I have lost) just to do a CDDB lookup.

Thanks, and keep on improving your great product.

-Tim

Default Re:

Tim,

This feature is in my wish list. I agree that it would be a great help for MP3 and vinyl collectors. However, I cannot give any estimates when this feature will be ready.

Regards,
    Andrei

Guest Guest

I want to chime in on this. This feature is probably the most important feature of all! I have an extensive collection of LPs, Cassettes, and CDs. The CDs are so easy to put into OrangeCD that it wouldn't bother me a bit shifting over from Access to your program. HOWEVER, entering all of my LPs and Cassettes manually AGAIN is too much. Until this feature is available I won't be able to convert over to OrangeCD.

Guest Guest

I see this a really old topic, but maybe someone reads it anyway, so... I also have vinyl collection of several hundred recordings and I would really see this feature! Just to notify you that there are a lot of people interested in this feature

But nice to know tht you're at least thinking of implementing this. Keep up the good work!

-=Tommi=-

Hi Tommi,

This feature is planned for 5.0 release. Thanks for your patience. Regards,

Andrei