Thread: Auto DJ & Playlist

Guest Guest

Default Auto DJ & Playlist

Your software is an excellent music collection & management program. A member in a music forum I visit regularly had a link to his music site created by the software. When I followed his link to your home page I looked around a bit and thought this looked like a winner!!! After downloading & installing the software, I imported my entire collection and was very pleased on the music collection management side. However, having used MusicMatch for some time there are a few features I don't want to give up and therefore I am keeping my mp3's associated with MusicMatch (for now anyway). So, when I play a song inside OrangeCD it launches MM for playback.

I have a mp3's collection that enters into 6 digits large all stored on a dedicated box with MusicMatch's output to my home entertainment system. What I would like to suggest for a future update would be having an AutoDJ developed such as MusicMatches. Setting up a few criteria options with multiple filters in each creates an atmosphere, mood, tempo, situation specific, etc. selection of music. This in my opinion is MM's greatest feature. Of course the ability to build a playlist and queue songs manually would be excellent, almost necessary as well.

Hope this happens so I can move away from MM entirely. Then a purchase would be definite.

Again, EXCELLENT software.

Guest Guest

Default Re: Auto DJ & Playlist

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN: I have been using orange CD for a while now and been coming to the board to see other peoples views. All you ever do is moan moan.

Tell me, did you ever pay to use this programme? Make a donation? Did you cheat and get the full version free?

Yours curiously

Smithy

Dear Smithy, FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN does have a valid point on this one (although moaning about it may not help?).
    Andrei answers most threads quite promptly but I don't remember seeing a reply about the requested playlist/ Q up mp3 feature.
    I'm not taking any sides - but it would be nice to have a yes or no from Andrei if:
    a) it is possible within OrangeCD?
    b) it would be easy or too complex to code?
    and if it is possible could we expect to see it in a future release?
    Easy questions and hopefully easy answers about a 'highly requested' enhancement!

[quote=Smithy]FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN:

a) it is possible within OrangeCD?
    b) it would be easy or too complex to code?
    and if it is possible could we expect to see it in a future release?
    Easy questions and hopefully easy answers about a 'highly requested' enhancement!
    Yes, it is possible and it will be implemented.

Thank you - Firetongue.

Please clarify on what will be implemented from my list below and do you have a target date for the release?

1. AutoDJ
    2. Queuing up multiple songs
    3. Creating and saving playlist

Thanks again,
    Charlie