Thread: Download track list for existing MP3s?

Default Download track list for existing MP3s?

I have some albums in MP3 format that someone else ripped (ie; I don't have the original CD) but there are no song titles. The tracks are all named Track1.mp3, Track2.mp3 etc.

Is it possible to download the tracklisting from Freedb and somehow import it directly into the existing MP3 'album' to overwrite the track names and still have the tracks playable?

The other alternative I guess is, once an album is imported from Freedb, can the tracks be linked back to the MP3s to make them playable that way?

I hope someone can help with this - it is really just me being a bit lazy, but if its possible, why not do it the easy way?

Default Re: Download track list for existing MP3s?

Get a Program to Tag your Music Files.The most Popular one is Tag&Rename.Here is a Link if you do not have it.....

[URL=http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm]Tag&Rename[/URL]

FC 8)

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Beeph
    I have some albums in MP3 format that someone else ripped (ie; I don't have the original CD) but there are no song titles. The tracks are all named Track1.mp3, Track2.mp3 etc.
    Is it possible to download the tracklisting from Freedb and somehow import it directly into the existing MP3 'album' to overwrite the track names and still have the tracks playable?
    Unfortunately, both ways are not possible. However, the second
    feature - attaching media files to the CD album - is planned.

Andrei

Guest Guest

To be honest, this is one of the most important functions I would need from a database application (apart from the obvious cd freedb query). obviously orange cd is not for me! (although it LOOKS great!)