Thread: Album properties w/musicians

Default Album properties w/musicians

Hi, Andrei...

I know I asked for it earlier, but here it is again:

Is it possible to get fields for musicians/instrumentalists for each album&track (so it appears in the credits)?

Then we could easily organize database based on a) instrument and b) musician (as is possible with soloist and composer). If it's possible to group instruments (woodwinds, strings etc.), that would make classical collectors happy.

It feels kind of obvious in a music database to include this.

All the best,
    Kjetil

Default Re: Album properties w/musicians

Maybe also the appropriate "Credits ... " data could be included in the album table view pane. For instance, you click/search on "David Byrne" and get:

[Artist] -- [Title] -- [Credits] -- [Other columns]
    Talking heads -- 77 -- Vocals, Guitar -- (o.c.)
    David Byrne -- Uh-Oh -- Vocals, Guitar, Producer -- (o.c.)
    David Byrne -- Forest -- Composer -- (o.c.)

Get the idea? (And wouldn't it be Great?)

-kjetil

Yes, it is going to be great. The work on fields for detailed credits is already in progress. Please feel free to submit any suggestions that you have before it is too late ;-) Thanks,

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    Yes, it is going to be great. The work on fields for detailed credits is already in progress. Please feel free to submit any suggestions that you have before it is too late ;-) Thanks,

Andrei
    why so complex?

for me it is enough to add "Featuring". that's all.

It's not very complex.

If you are serious with cataloguing music, you definetely want to know which musicians playing what instrument in a given song, and you want to know who produced it, engineered it (even who made cover art) and so on.

"Featuring..." would be far too limited for serious use.

-kjetil

Quote Originally Posted by kjetil
    If you are serious with cataloguing music, you definetely want to know which musicians playing what instrument in a given song, and you want to know who produced it, engineered it (even who made cover art) and so on.

"Featuring..." would be far too limited for serious use.
    Totally agree.

Guest Guest

Will it be possible to add/edit these credit properties for all songs on an album at once? Like producer and engineer at this moment. And will this also be possible for composer, lyricist and so??

My next request, a more complicated one I imagine, is this: The possibility to have basic format options for memofields, like personal notes and lyrics. I am thinking of bold, italics, underscore, not changing fonts or fontsize.
    Why is it that leading spaces in lyrics are trimmed? ??? I would like these to show in the resulting page.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric van den Bos
    Will it be possible to add/edit these credit properties for all songs on an album at once? Like producer and engineer at this moment. And will this also be possible for composer, lyricist and so??
    Yes. It will be possible to edit all credits fields at once. There will be more credit fields, too.

My next request, a more complicated one I imagine, is this: The possibility to have basic format options for memofields, like personal notes and lyrics. I am thinking of bold, italics, underscore, not changing fonts or fontsize.
    Why is it that leading spaces in lyrics are trimmed? ??? I would like these to show in the resulting page.
    It is possible, but it is not planned for future releases. Unfortunately, there are many tasks with higher priority, such as extended credits (above).

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue

...there are many tasks with higher priority, such as extended credits (above).
    Ok...so you mean it is coming soon?? How soon? (I start to feel like the Funky C now :P )

Want credits! Want credits!

[quote=kjetil]

Ok...so you mean it is coming soon?? How soon? (I start to feel like the Funky C now