Thread: Barcode input

Default Barcode input

Hi Firetongue,

Nice piece of software.

A quick question. Is there a way that I might be able to use my cue-cat barcode reader to input the UPA number, instead of having to put the CD into my computer?
    I have some DVD catalogue software which uses this input mechanism, and cataloged my entire DVD collection (200+) in about 15 mins.
    I have well over two thousand CD's, thus my question

Default Re: Barcode input

Hi Mikeh,

No, we don't provide barcode input in OrangeCD. It is possible that in future versions we will implement it. Thank you,

Andrei

I also have the same issue. I have several hundred CD's that I need to catalog and I get new CD's weekly. The OrangeCD application is really great, but I need to be able to scan my CD's in using a barcode scanner to save time. I also have a cuecat scanner, it works great with some of my other software and I wish I could use it with OrangeCD.

Hi oeaton:

Barcode input is planned for version 5.3, which will hopefully come out by Christmas. Thanks for posting,

Andrei

When you say barcode input, do you mean scan the CD's barcode and have the album info appear in OrangeCD? If yes... what database polls that information? Very cool.

I would just be happy for a permenant barcode field.

Yes, this is how this feature will work. An update for my previous post: unfortunately, the implementation of the feature is delayed to the beginning of 2004.

Andrei