Thread: Interaction between OrangeCD and Orange Player

Default Interaction between OrangeCD and Orange Player

I'm evaluating 5.1 Build 7112

There seem to be some bugs in the interaction between the database and the player. At least, I don't have these problems when the player is not running.

1. On three occasions (i.e. I can't replicate it reliably), the database has retrieved information from FreeDB more than once. In each case, my extra additions (such as lyrics, composer info) were wiped out by the second fetch. This occurs with 'Action on New CD' set to 'Get CD Data from Internet'.

2. When 'Action on New CD' is set to 'Do Nothing' a new entry is still made, but under 'New Artist' and 'New Album'. With 'Do Nothing' set, I would expect Orange to take no action until I pressed the 'Scan CD-ROM Drive' button.

3. In some cases, new entries do not appear in the Content tree control. Even when F5 is pressed to refresh the view, these new entries do not appear. It is necessary to select another kind of view (e.g. to go from 'Artist (No Tracks)' to 'Entire Collection') and then return before the new entry is visible.

Are these known problems? Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps there's a setting I should have set differently.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Interaction between OrangeCD and Orange Player

Hi Balok,

We are aware of these problems. They will be fixed in next official release. In the meantime, you can avoid running OrangeCD player and catalog at the same time. I apologize for inconvenience.

Andrei