Thread: Print CD Cover

Default Print CD Cover

I have done some searchin through the forums, and I have a feeling you are working on this, but I'm not sure...

Problem. I have a number of CDs in my collection, that do not have printed covers in their jewel cases - bootlegs, personal items, CDR copies. I want a very simple way to have covers printed for them.

Proposal. I read something on advanced HTML export or even PDF export, but I wish there was a simpler way of doing this. For example, we have a menu option that says "Print Jewel Cover". This option would send the data to the printer immediately, without any editing or tuning. The main thing I want from the printed page is borders of proper size (so that I can cut them out easily), name of artist and album on the sides and tracklisting on the back.

That's it. More advanced tuning options or layout presets could be added later (for example, color printing of covers for your CDR copies), but I would be happy with just this basic layout.

Any comments?

Default Re: Print CD Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Stardancer
    I have done some searchin through the forums, and I have a feeling you are working on this, but I'm not sure...
    Nope, these features are not even planned. OrangeCD is primarily a cataloging software, and since it offers no CD-burning features, I think it is only consistent that it does not print CD inserts either. There are too many cataloging improvements that need to be implemented first.

Andrei