Thread: Better Upload Feature

Default Better Upload Feature

I've tried on multiple occasions to submit some information to FreeDB, only to get error messages about how my entry in one or another field is not in the right format, etc.

I don't feel passionate enough to make changes to how I have configured my database so as to meet the FreeDB requirements.

So I have this suggestion: Instead of a mere error message, show a window with all the data about to be submitted, highlighting the items that need to be modified. The user can then modify the items as required on that window, and submit the information--without having to modify the actual database record.

Default Re: Better Upload Feature

You only need to submit information to freedb when you have Ripped an Album.

I have only ever used dbpoweramp and it is pretty simple.

I only have "authentic" CDs, and for a number of them, no match was found in FreeDB. So after entering all the track information etc. manually, I wanted to upload the information.

That's when I encountered the error messages, such as that the category does not match those supported by FreeDB.

I've submitted many CD's to FreeDB...the most common error is the category being wrong (put it as misc...submit, then change it to the one you want). Also when doing multiple CD's (2CD, 3CD, Box Set, Etc.)...submit after entering each individual CD with CD1 CD2 CD3 after the album title so FreeDB can differentiate the discs. That has generally worked for me. FYI

J-

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Litton
    I only have "authentic" CDs, and for a number of them, no match was found in FreeDB. So after entering all the track information etc. manually, I wanted to upload the information.
    In theory, FreeDB upload may fail only because of missing basic fields. The absolute minimum required is Artist, Title, Category, and Track Titles.

I am working on improving multiple-disc box sets behavior, so the CD1 or CD2 is added automatically during upload, and stripped automatically during download.

Andrei