Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Database Stats

Default Database Stats

i wish we could see # of albums under Database stats. So that it read:
    ### megabytes
    ### disks
    ### albums

or really anyway to get multi-disks to count as one album.
    Thankee

Default Re: Database Stats

Hi,

You can see #of albums when you right-click Entire collection icon in the tree, select Properties and switch to the Statistics tab. I hope this helps,

Andrei

Worked, thanks!!

My request is for access to other summary data, such as: Total tracks, Total Artists, Total Time. It would be nice to be able to add this kind of data to the Home Page View.

Ummm.It already has this Feature.There is a Picture of my Stats.

Need to update them though.Have over 1000 Albums to add. ;D

FC 8)

Yes, I know you can can get stats by getting the folder properties. I was talking about making them available in the DAX editor

On a side note; I must have some bad data because when i went to re-created what FC showed, I got Avg. Length = 1441:39

[quote=mbenzi]My request is for access to other summary data, such as: Total tracks, Total Artists, Total Time.

His Crisp theme does include what I was looking for. Wow that is nice. I have not had a chance to see it in action yet but looking at his code I see he does his stats calculation in the javascript. Can't wait to get home to try this out.

FYI: I've added the following statistics to the CRISP_PLAY theme and the CMI_PLAY template today:

- total play time (days:hours:min:secs)
    - average # of track per album
    - average track length
    - average album length
    - total # of albums
    - total # of [multidisk] sets

The scripts already included:
    - total # disks
    - total # artists
    - total # tracks

Albums may include several disks (->multidisk set). So if you register multidisk albums in OCD as one unit, your album count will be lower than your disk count. If you don't, your album and disk count will be the same.

For some odd reason there is a slight difference between the total play time given by OCD and the reported figure from CRISP_PLAY. I haven't managed to figure out why.

In one of the databases I tested OCD reported: 30 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 36 seconds, while CRISP_PLAY returned: 30 days, 17 hours, 26 minutes and 34 seconds. In other words a difference of 6 minutes and 2 seconds (13.000+ tracks).

For the time being I'm not going to worry about that.
    But maybe Andrei can explain the reason for the difference?

The updated scripts can be downloaded from [url]http://ocd.juventas.net[/url].

Enjoy!

-paul-

Paul,

Quote Originally Posted by pheisholt
    In one of the databases I tested OCD reported: 30 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 36 seconds, while CRISP_PLAY returned: 30 days, 17 hours, 26 minutes and 34 seconds. In other words a difference of 6 minutes and 2 seconds (13.000+ tracks).

For the time being I'm not going to worry about that.
    But maybe Andrei can explain the reason for the difference?
    I am not surprised that there is a difference. This is because OrangeCD takes into account precise duration of each track. For example, AudioCD track duration is normally expressed in 1/75 second intervals (frames). OrangeCD knows precise track durations, at the same time HTML templates only get the rounded numbers.

MP3/WAV/WMA files also consist of frames, but duration of their frames is different. It depends on specific format, bitrate, etc.

Andrei