Thread: Artist Profile

Guest Guest

Default Artist Profile

One feature I would like to see in a future installment is a comprehensive Artist profile (much like allmusic.com) where their would be a page where could add a artist bio that goes along with their discography.

Band line-up listing feature would also be nice. Make it much how you would enter Songs titles except there would be a second field to add what part he plays in the band (ex: the Beatles "Let It Be" CD, Paul McCartney plays Lead Vocals, Guitar & Piano and on other album he could have just played Lead Vocals and Guitar). This way you could search the collection for albums with one particular band members personal discography or export a webpage and have an artist bio and a list of their CD's with who played on what album, and even go see what other bands or albums some of the other band member played on.

Although this would be a big undertaking, I would love to see something like this in the future.

Default Re: Artist Profile

That would be nice. But I'd settle for an extra tab in the Artist Properties window, which simply included:

1. Notes
    - for biography etc.

2. Nationality
    - editable drop down list with country names (like the
    genre list)
    - add it to the sort criteria

Of course I wouldn't mind a more comprehensive artist profile, but adding these two fields would be a very useful enhancement.

Andrei long ago promised better credit fields, which should help a lot in these matters...but Andrei also promises a lot

Hope it shows up soon, though I doubt it.

regards
    kjetil

One more feature I'd like to see in the Artist Properties window is yet another tab (=Image) which would allow us to include a picture of the artist.

I realize that requesting these additional Artist Properties probably also calls for some additional programming tags (<!--[ArtistImage]-->, <!--[ArtistNotes]-->,<!--[ArtistNationality]--> etc.) and an extra page (Artist Page) in the .dax file format.

With that in place we would be able to create Artist Display Pages (as opposed to the Artist Album List Page which seems to be the only artist related view available in the current version of OCD).

Guest Guest

For band lineups, I just use the Notes section when editing the album information. If you have notes to add for a particular track on an album, you can edit the track properties and stick it in that Notes section, and it won't show up on the Album Properties. Hope this helps.