Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans to support Ogg, Monkey's Audio, FLAC?

Default Plans to support Ogg, Monkey's Audio, FLAC?

Downloaded a trial copy yesterday, lovely stuff. Any plans to support these formats - they're increasing in popularity and they're now approaching around 30% of my collection, making it a must have feature to meet my needs. The proliferation of broadband will likely see the proliferation of these format too.

Guest Guest

Default Re: Plans to support Ogg, Monkey's Audio, FLAC?

Just downloaded the program today, and imho the only thing that keeps this program from being perfect is the lacking ogg vorbis support...

Default Plans to support Ogg, Monkey's Audio, FLAC?Andrei?

Andrei

Would you mind providing some feedback as to your intentions re this?

Guest Guest

and ape files please

Guest Guest

bluemp3s, "ape" is Monkey's Audio

And Shorten would be not bad...

Guest Guest

You know, I think it would be easier to make customizable extensions for searching.

You can add your own Formats to the Format List. This doesn't help with Orange CD Player though. I have added SHN, and FLAC to my formats as CDR - SHN, and CDR - FLAC, then I also modified the CDR format to display as CDR - Audio to distinguish between what is what.

This solution has worked well for me for some time now.

You can add and delete formats through the View -> Preferences -> Database tab. Just click on the Formats button under User Lists. Then Add new formats as needed and delete as necessary.

Hope this helps!

Bob

Useful suggestion, thx, however, it doesn't result in OrangeCD automatically detecting those types of media in media scans, hence you need to add the albums manually, which sucks.

Andrei obviously doesn't think this is an issue, doesn't read these forums, or simply doesn't give a sh1t, hence his total lack of response on the issue.

This request appears here every now and then but, sadly, no progress concerning other popular format is in sight...

FYI, next fully supported format will be Ogg Vorbis. Other formats you mentioned will be added only as "known" media file extensions, which means no info about them will be extracted. Sorry guys, that's all news I have so far.

Andrei