Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Feature

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Any Feature

EDIT: This discussion took a U-turn in Reply #9...please read to find good news on ODC updates ;D

Hello, Andrei!

Right now, I feel that *any* new or improved feature would be nice...I get a creepy feeling that the whole software development is stalling and Orange is dying.

Please prove me wrong!!

Best regards, and happy holidays to you all,
    Kjetil - OrangeAddict

Default Re: Any Feature

Agreed. Understandably these things take time, but it's been quite a while since we've heard about anything new. :'(

Indeed, please prove us wrong!

Indeed the only reason I haven't voiced my concern about OCD dying is that potential purchasers will look at this forum, see our complaints, and then the prophecy becomes self-fulfilling.

At the same time, looking at the pages of competing programs, I see many updates and releases since March 23. Not so on OCD.

I can't say this comes totally as a surprise: Before deciding to make the significant time investment to put all my data into OCD, I did think about the risk that the software could fade away. But the superior features outweighed my concern.

Could it be that the licensing/marketing approach is flawed--pay once and never pay again? Maybe there would be more motivation to release updates if users had to pay for them.

Even if that marketing strategy is flawed, I'll be happy to pay for updates. Call them something else or whatever.

Also I will never convert to another software anyway. In the worst case scenario I'll still have a fully functional cataloguing program that takes care of most of my needs. It's just sad if it stops now while still being the #1...

Great job so far, Andrei!

-kjetil

I was just about to Post and ask when the next update will be.Its been 4 Months since the last.And that was really not much.All that did was add a French translation. :

It has been Months since any word of 5.3 and probably will be Months before any other Beta.

Hi guys,

Are you all kind of foreseeing, anticipating, that there will not be any more versions of Orange ???
    I was patiently waiting for a brand new, totally reworked, with lots of new features, and at the same time steady and bugs free 5.3 version, therefore delayed, maybe wrapped as a Christmas present! And now you all seem to predict a full stop end of program
    Can Andrei, PLEASE!, tell us something about it...

Guest Guest

If OCD were different and better I would buy it, I love the way the program creates a nice output on the Web, but as a matter of fact it is the only thing I currently like and it is not my priority right now... :
    Admittedly, I would never use it to manage my collection as it is in the current version and would use it only to manage data that I store and update with another program which is regularly updated and supported since the beginning instead. >
    Sure I wish Andrei and OCD all the best, but I cannot say I'm satisfied with it and and it is absolutely far to be my #1... :-[
    Paying for updates is a good solution, no one is happy to work for free and i guess existing users would be happy to pay instead to preserve their starting investment and work... 8)
    Andrei and users: Merry Christmas and happy new year, possibly with some good news
    Will Sea :-*

Guest Guest

What application do you use that you think is better than OCD? I haven't seen one yet ... but from this email track, I may be forced to look for one! :'( :'( :'(

Indeed some of the concerns displayed in the above email track are definitely sincere. But let's not be too pessimistic. OCD is by far the most innovative and user friendly software in the market today. Now could Andrei and his one man technical directorate improve the way feature are added, and version are released? Certainly. But will stuffing OCD, with features for the sake of keeping it technologically up to date and/or keeping with the competition at all cost, make it better? This is something to think about.
    Andrei, and all of us for that matter, must come up with an innovative way of boosting revenue to keep up with the competition... But talking about OCD being in the ICU is a bit premature. What makes this endeavour great is that we all have a voice in it. This is a family affair... We must support it fully and not let corporate America snatch it from us.

Hi guys,

I just would like to thank you for your concerns and post several teaser screenshots from the working build. The screenshots show rather rough and unrefined user interface, but I hope they will prove that OrangeCD is alive and changing and maybe shed light on some of the new features, like preview pane, complete credits, flexible custom fields, support for other media formats... Anyway, here they are:

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/teaser/preview_1.png[/url]

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/teaser/preview_2.png[/url]

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/teaser/preview_3.png[/url]

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families,

Andrei