Thread: some suggestions

Guest Guest

Default some suggestions

some suggestions :

1. i don't know the technical term ... but it would be great that the software would auto-complete artist names / record labels when I manually add an album.

2. more custom fields

3. more statistics or report functions ... such as displaying the total cost of the records/CDs in the collection

Default Re: some suggestions

Auto complete: It sort-of does that. Just expand the box (open the pull-down box up to display the list), then type, and it will jump to the proper match.

Guest Guest

4. an icon or asterisk to indicate favorite/must-listen tracks in an album

Hi DJB

Paul has been amazingly helpful re. icons for tracks (well, originally, helping identify (on the ALBUM page) tracks with lyrics by icon, but I amended it to show "Favourite" (FT) or "Classic" (CT) tracks). He sent me an amended default template with the basic scripting included in the right place.

You'll need to reference a picture or icon file of your own - which you must have saved in the 'Orange' directory (mine's in program files). By modifying/adding to the script, you can make it work for any number of icons, depending on the track (e.g. Guitar Solo, Keyboard Solo or whatever). Try it out. If it works, you can incorporate it into your own favourite template using 'Daxedit' (you'll find the .exe file in the Orange directory).

I used the "trackauthor" field to input data, as I don't use it for anything else: so if I enter CT, FT in the trackauthor field of a track, I now get a small gold CD icon next to a heart icon, next to the track time. It's great.

I'll send you the amended default template Paul sent me and you can play around with it.... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.B.
    some suggestions :
    1. i don't know the technical term ... but it would be great that the software would auto-complete artist names / record labels when I manually add an album.

2. more custom fields
    These two features are addressed in new pre-beta build (meaning the next version will have them included). New autocomplete does exactly what you need - it looks ahead and guesses what are you trying to type. It simplifies data entry dramatically.

Features #3 and #4 will also be addressed, although in a slightly different way from what you described.

Andrei

Firetongue wrote: "New autocomplete does exactly what you need - it looks ahead and guesses what are you trying to type. It simplifies data entry dramatically."

Please, please, please make it easy to cancel autocomplete suggestions while typing. It is a pain when what you are writing is shorter than what is suggested (i.e. MS Excel autocomplete).

-kjetil

Hey All,
    Blowers, I see that you are able to put mulitple icons next to a track. I have inserted code for several separate icons, but
    I cant figure out the proper format for the multiples. To be plain...how did you get the star and heart to appear together? Have tried lots of variations, but all is get is one or the other, or neither. Can you help? Thanks.

Guest Guest

[quote=meells]Hey All,

[quote=meells]Hey All,