Thread: French translation

Default French translation

Hi there,
    I've just discovered this marvelous software. One thing : I searched where to change the interface's language, but I didn't manage.
    I can do the translation into French, but I don't know which file I have to translate.
    Could you please tell me?
    Of course, I will provide the French translation to the community!

Default Re: French translation

I don't think you can do anything about it. I'm assuming that the localization info is stored in the nls_<lang>.dll file. And currently there is only one localization file (nls_en.dll).

Back in August of last year Andrei released a new beta version (5.2.1 build 8016) which included a French translation of the user interface, and hence there was a localization filed named nls_fr.dll (and nls_ru.dll for Russian and nls_pt.dll for Portuguese).

But in March of this year Andrei announced that he was cancelling the 5.2.1 beta, and that the next release would be 6.0.

Registered OCD users have since then been able to download PRE-beta versions of OCD 6.0 ([url]http://www.firetongue.com/daily/[/url]). And when you install one of the pre-betas, there's an option to include a French, a Russian and a Portuguese interface.

However, the above mentioned DLL files are not installed. The option is probably only a left-over from the cancelled 5.2.1 beta.