Thread: New pre-beta (5.99.9321-2005-09-21)

Default New pre-beta (5.99.9321-2005-09-21)

I just downloaded the latest pre-beta version. And I'm VERY pleased to see that track search is now implemented. It seems to work like a charm.

The new field copy tool (Tools | Advanced) also looks very promising.

Great work, Andrei!

Default Re: New pre-beta (5.99.9321-2005-09-21)

Hi,
    I'm a very recent user, and I'm currently using trial version so far. I don't see any way to get the latest beta version on the site. Do I have to register my software for that (I'm gonna do so anyway, because I'm sooo happy with it... ;D)

Yes, that's right. Then follow the instructions, cross your fingers and - with luck - you'll discover the link to the daily builds! It's well worth it.

Here it is!!! I finally purchased the complete version!!!
    ... except that when I try to reach daily build, I put my email and order #... and it doesn't work :'(
    Could someone help me?

Hello glouis
    Send an email to Andrei, it something he can easily fix.
    Welcome aboard.

How do you get that build?

I look here quite frequently ([url]http://www.firetongue.com/beta/[/url]) and I get the same message, that there is no new Build available? WTF!? ???

So what am I missing? Btw, I am registered. If the link to the latest beta is being e-mailed to the people who are registered, then that might be the reason, since I've changed e-mails recently.

***(EDIT)***

Never mind! I found the link to the daily beta page hidden on the products page. You auto think of moving the link to the beta page so it's easier for others to find. >

I've been using Orange since..erm.can't remember, but it's got to be a mimimum of 3+ years now, and it's a really nice bit of kit. Now I've started using these 'daily' builds things are even better. Currently using prebeta 5.99.9321 and it's most excellent, especially after getting a cuecat barcode scanner to scan the cds in with.

The name 'Orange CDCatalog' doesn't really do the software justice, because it's a great MP3 manager as well. I use it for cataloguing all my mp3s and cds, and play all my MP3s via a seperate database. Thanks Andrei (and thanks for rescuing my reg details when I lost them in 2002 ;-) ).

Re the Barcode scanner feature:

1. Are there any other online stores that can be added to the search list? I was thinking of the likes of NAXOS, being as they are globally recognised.

2. When searching, would it be possible to search all amazon sites instead of just one at a time? A user chosen search order? So if nothing is found in your first choice then the search continues to your second choice, etc.