Thread: Customizable rating field

Default Customizable rating field

Great job with 6.0 beta 1... it's great to see it move out of the alpha stage!

Huge thank-yous for the database management tools under Tools -> Advanced, too.

One thing, though -- I'd love to see the Overall Rating field be customizable. I've long had my own rating field that's had between 0 and 5 stars in half-star increments. I'd like to move that to the Overall Rating field and be able to change it in the future, if I want to.

Great job, Andrei. OCD is still by far the best music cataloging software out there.

Default Re: Customizable rating field

Hey, Andrei -- any chance of this feature being addressed?

That would be an excellent addition: I actually use the same rating system myself, so the incorporated system doesn't work for me either, which is a shame because a rating would be a great addition to the (already great!) MyGenres iniative!

Check out the new version that was released today. It has new rating system that allows 1/2 star increments, and new clickable controls to quickly rate albums or tracks in various views.

Andrei

Great!

I realize that due to the nature of the ratings field it might be difficult, but is there any way I can move my custom ratings field (which was 0-5 stars with 1/2 star increments) over to the OCD ratings field?

Also, just an idea: it might be cool to be able to import song-based ratings from iTunes or Mediamonkey... might be a little tricky programatically, but something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by laze
    I realize that due to the nature of the ratings field it might be difficult, but is there any way I can move my custom ratings field (which was 0-5 stars with 1/2 star increments) over to the OCD ratings field?
    I am afraid you can't do it just by OrangeCD alone If you dare, you can send me your database and I'll run an automated script that will do the work.

Andrei