Thread: MP3 write-back

Default MP3 write-back

Hi all,

I know this gets talked about from time to time and I see the many problems that it contains, but it would be good to be able to synchronize the details between the database and a file (MP3 or other format that supports data). I know that orange is used for many things other than files on hard disks and I use it for podcasts, LP's and CD's as well.

I see it working from the properties panel were a button world appear it you could write back to the file. One of the problems that I have is rescanning directories after I have made many changes to the database and the old details are written back to the database.

I know you can turn off the extraction of data when scanning media files but then I can't extract details from new files that might exist.

A second but less-useful switch on the scan media dialog to ignore existing files is a partial solution.

Any thoughts.....

Default Re: MP3 write-back

I agree, synchronization is becomming a real nightmare these days. It would be great to have all data equal everywhere (OCD, Windows Media Player library, Winamp, portable players (iRiver, iPod).

Ripping a CD with Media Player is picking up information on the internet which is not the same as OCD (freedb). Results, most of the time, does not make any sens on my SanDisk reader (I'm mainly a classical listener).

It would be great to make all automatic recognition using OCD, make updates to the other available fields, if required, and then use this information to update the library (Media Player, winamp, etc) and the MP3 tags.

It would also be interesting to have a flag in the OCD database showing that a song that I have ripped is also available in another format (MP3, WMA).

I'm I dreaming?