Thread: System Locking Up

Default System Locking Up

I have a ongoing problem of my system locking up when I'm scanning CDs into my database.

Default Re: System Locking Up

Hi,

After a week, I haven't diagnosed problem yet. From your posting I guess you're running Win95/98/ME system, which makes me really sad (it is extremely difficult to debug in this operating system).

I will post here when I discover anything new.

Thank you,
    Andrei

Actually, I'm running Windows 2000. Hope this helps diagnose the problem. Other than this, I'm happy with the product but this is very frustrating (having to reboot every few CDs). Thanks!

Guest Guest

Similar problem with a twist. The system either locks up when I exit, or it re-boots when I exit. I have the latest trail version, but am, not inclined to buy a product that locks my system when I close the program.

I am running Windows ME.

MC,

Are you running the latest build (5120)? There was a crash (or lockup) on exit that I fixed a while ago. Regards,

Andrei

Guest Guest

I am running version 4.2.0.5120.

I uninstalled the program and then re-installed. I did a complete uninstall using Norton Cleansweep. No luck, thought it might be worth a shot.

I tried another program that is very similar to OrangeCD and is very stable. I do like OrangeCD a little better, but not at the expense of a crash every time I use it. I hope you can resolve this issue.

Thanks!