Thread: "Can Not Submit Entry: Data Tracks"

Default "Can Not Submit Entry: Data Tracks"

I used a program called CDAID to look up CD artist/track info from CDDB. It automatically puts the information into cdplayer.ini. So, I took the few CDs I had, that I knew had thier info. available on CDDB, down loaded thier info. and imported the cdplayer.ini. Next, I went and started editing the information for the individual entried in OrangeCD. I would make sure the year, Gerne, etc. where correct, then I hit "submit". I was greated for the following error message:

Could Not Submit Entry, Reason:
    CD Contains Data Tracks.

"Ok" I thought... but... I looked and I could not find said data tracks, so, on to the next CD... and guess what? Same error when I tried to submit it! This is using the 4.3.0 Build 5530.

Not sure if this is a problem with OrangeCD, or some data that cdplayer.ini puts in, or what. If it is something I can remove from the cdplayer.ini file, or someplace else easy to edit, please let me know! Thanks.

Doug

Default Re: "Can Not Submit Entry: Data Tracks"

Hi Doug,

Unfortunately this is faulty scenario, and we know about it, but there is nothing that can be done. Here is the problem:

As you might know already, FreeDB servers keep the data organized by disk ID. Therefore, to submit entries to FreeDB, OrangeCD must have disk ID on file for each of CDs being submitted. Unfortunately, there are no IDs stored in cdplayer.ini.

If the entry was imported from cdplayer.ini, it is "an orphan", and it cannot be submitted until OrangeCD assigns disk ID to it. To calculate disk ID, the actual CD must be inserted into CD-ROM drive while player is running, or while "Scan CD-ROM drive" dialog is used.

Once disk ID is assigned to database entry, and it can be submitted to FreeDB.

Please note that this is the problem of cdplayer.ini import only. Other import methods, like import from local FreeDB, always provide valid disk IDs.

I just hope this is understandable

Regards,
    Andrei

Default Re: "Can Not Submit Entry: Data Tracks"

I totaly understand ... So, I guess I can scan the CD's, then copy the ID from them, into the records with all the data? Or, I guess, if that doesn't work, copy all the data into the NEW records that contain the ID from the CD's, eh? Any way to avoid typing in all that stuff .. hehe

Doug