Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Import Covers/comments

Guest Guest

Default Auto Import Covers/comments

Ive just downloaded the shareware version of Orange, cos I like the idea of the html bit; but Ive a couple of features and such to investigate first, before I convert:

I have used another Jukebox program (Put Up Your Jukes) for a while, in conjunction with Tag&Rename. I use Tag&Rename to ensure the albums are complete before putting them into my "Full Albums" folder; when I do this, I download the Cover image and a review of the album from [url]http://www.allmusic.com[/url] ; (TR does this auto for me and stores them as a jpg and a txt file) Then I click "find albums" in PUYJ, and it automatically imports the album cover and associates it with the album.

My question is: can i configure Orange to do this automatically: to import the cover and even the review would be nice, otherwise it will be timeconsuming to have to do it manually for each album.

Default Re: Auto Import Covers/comments

Hi,

Unfortunately OrangeCD cannot download covers and reviews automatically. This feature is in plans for next major release.

Thanks,
    Andrei

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply...I am starting to really like this program.

Is it possible then, to get it to 'find' the covers that I have already downloaded? (they are stored in the folder with the MP3 tracks)

And the "Allmusic review.txt"...can I tell it to recognise this file, and put the text in the place of my comments?

Oh, and the other point is: when I click on an album, and right click "play" it only plays the one song...From reading around the forum, I gather this is already known about; but it would be really nice to be able to "queue in playlist", so that I can browse the Albums by cover and then listen to an album

PS. I just found I can drag and drop the covers...that will make life easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivitron 15
    Is it possible then, to get it to 'find' the covers that I have already downloaded? (they are stored in the folder with the MP3 tracks)
    Automatic import of MP3 album covers is not possible in the current version, but it will be added in next major update (5.1). Regards,

Andrei

Guest Guest

thanks...it'll be a great addition to an amazing program

Guest Guest

Hi,

The important of cover art is the only thing stopping me using the amazing program that the moment. Is there any timescale for when version 5.1 will be availible

Thanks keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue

Automatic import of MP3 album covers is not possible in the current version, but it will be added in next major update (5.1). Regards,

Andrei

You guys are Lazy.I have 2907 Albums in my Database and have Covers to almost every Album.....because I worked at it.

this isnt lazy, FC...its the same principle why you have a cooker in your house, cos gathering firewood became monotonous centuries ago :huh:

I have 1000 cd's w/album art, yes I was a bit disappointed about having to locate my own art and add them manually to the database, but in the end I'm happy I did...It allowed me to become re-familiarized with alot of music I had forgotten about.

It took me approx 4-5 days of labor to track all the art down and insert it, but now maintaining my database is smoother than ever...I have only to locate new art as I buy new cd's.

The point is, don't wait for a future release to use this great program, enter all your media info in the database and start adding your album art a little bit at a time, before you know it you will be done, and I think for me it was quite rewarding to do it that way. 8)

Good Luck, Have fun

J-

im very nearly there to buying my licence...the new release is pretty damn good...

i use Tag Rename now, and get all the covers from Allmusic.com, and so it isn't too much of a prob, just drag and drop....now just need the queue in winamp feature, and i reckon its time